WRLC Scholarship 2022
April 13, 2022
The Waterloo Regional Labour Council is proud to announce that it will award UP TO three (3) $1000 scholarships to support post-secondary students who are actively enrolled in programs on or after September 2022.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be an active member OR the child/ward under the age of 25 as of September 1, 2022 of an active member of a local union affiliated to the Waterloo Regional Labour Council;
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary institute in any year of academic study;
The criteria for selection of the scholarship winners will be based on:
- A completed application form;
- An original essay (approximately 500 words), poster (8.5” x 11” poster of original artwork), OR video submission (an imaginative, clever, and original two-minute video) on the topic of how belonging to a union household has improved life;
- Note: A copy of your official letter of admission and/or paid tuition receipt from your post-secondary program is required upon receipt of the award; for an apprenticeship, official documentation of your approved signed training agreement and/or the registration of your apprenticeship training is required upon receipt of the award.
The Waterloo Regional Labour Council is committed to social justice and equity and believes strongly that post-secondary education provides important opportunities that should not be limited by tuition fees or student debt. We hope this scholarship helps make education more affordable while we fight to make access universal. We proudly encourage women, people of colour, Indigenous peoples, LGBTQ2S+ people, people with disabilities, and those from other equity-seeking backgrounds to apply for this scholarship.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than June 30, 2022 by either mail or email to:
Subject: WRLC 2022 Scholarship
Waterloo Regional Labour Council ATTN: WRLC 2022 Scholarship 203 – 120 Ottawa Street North Kitchener, ON N2H 3K5
Recipients of the scholarships will be notified by mid-August. Any questions can be sent by email to email@example.com.